Has your first aid kit been hiding away for a little R&R? Spring is a good time to take inventory of your gear and bring your dog’s first aid kit back to life. Follow these simple steps to make sure you have everything you need to be first-aid savvy.
- Check your dog’s first aid kit for the essentials. Click here for a list of those essentials.
- If you don’t have one, make your own first aid kit.
- Creams and antiseptics expire, so check the expiration date on all materials.
- Brush up on your canine first aid knowledge. A first aid guide is helpful, but memorizing basic first aid techniques can be very helpful for a fast response in an emergency.
- If you don’t have a first aid guide, download a complimentary copy of Ruff Wear’s Guide to Animal Emergencies here.
- Place your first aid kit somewhere you won’t forget it, like inside you or your dog’s pack, so it’s ready to go and unlikely to be left behind.