1. All dogs shed. Yes, all dogs, though some more than others. There is no such thing as a non-shedding dog, unless your dog is one of these.
2. Dogs with “hair” instead of fur, shed a lot less, but are more likely to mat if not groomed.
3. Dogs kept indoors year-round may shed year-round because their body is “confused” by the lack of change in season, but some dogs are just genetically programmed to shed year-round.
4. Shedding helps a dog maintain a healthy coat by old, dirty fur/hair with shiny new fur/hair.
5. When a dog sheds its seasonal winter undercoat, that’s actually called “blowing their coat,” not shedding.