Summer has always been synonymous with camping, an activity that has grown 35% in the last year.
More and more families are recognizing the benefits of a camping trip versus an expensive summer vacation. Camping allows you to stay closer to home, tends to be less expensive, and allows you to bring your whole family—canine included—along for the adventure. So we’ve highlighted five highly-rated, pet-friendly campgrounds in the US. For a complete listing by state, click here.
Rutherfordton Four Paws Kingdom, North Carolina:
• Dog dedicated campground
• Agility and dog park
• Educational facility
• Dog-friendly swimming hole.
Ohio State Parks Campgrounds, Ohio
• Pets are allowed in all 57 campgrounds
• Pet camping is permitted on designated sites
• Maximum 2 pets
• Pets must be on a leash at all times.
Lake Conroe / Houston North KOA, Texas
• Pets welcome on leash of no more than 6 feet
West Virginia State Parks and Forests Campgrounds, West Virginia
• Dogs and cats are permitted in camping areas
• Must be restrained on a leash 10 feet in length or shorter
Lake Kegonsa State Park Campgrounds, Wisconsin
• Pets on a leash no longer than 8 feet are permitted in the campground
• Pet swim area